Charity is very important part of Fajr Noor as we believe there is Barakah (blessing) in giving. It is a fundament part of the Islamic identity, so whenever you shop at us, a portion of every sale is given as Sadaqah. This not only helps those in need but allows us and our customers to purify our wealth.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Charity does not in any way decrease wealth. The servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people).” - Shahih Muslim 2588
The initiatives we've contributed to:
- December 2020 - February 2021: We contributed funds to the Yemen Humantarian Crisis. Project funding has been successfully completed Alhamdulillah. Click here for a receipt of payment.
- March 2021 - May 2021: We contributed funds to Ramadan Food Packs to struggling families during Ramadan in places like Afghanistan, Bangladesh (Myanmar refugees), Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen. Click here for a receipt of payment.
- June 2021 - July 2021: We contributed funds to Children in Palestine through unicef. This will send life-saving health and nutrition supplies to families in need and provide shelter to children who’ve lost their homes due to recent violence. Click here for a receipt of payment.
- August 2021: Raised Emergency funds to help the families of Afghanistan. This will help the people of Kabul and those affected by violence and covid. Clich here for more information.
- September 2021: We contributed funds to people on the brink of famine due to conflicts, climate change, Covid-19 along with compounded economic shocks are driving the increase of hunger globally. This will help millions of people in places like Afghanistan, South Sudan, Ethopia and Yemen. Clich here for receipt of payment.